I was delighted to attend Group’s KidMin Conference in Columbus, Ohio again this year. This is the only national conference that I attend each year and I absolutely love it! I always find the worship, the teaching, the interactive workshops and the connections made to be re-energizing to my soul.
Today I want to speak to post-conference to-do’s (I will post notes soon). So many times after a power-packed conference, we leave fired up, ready to take on the world with our new-found tips, resources and ideas. But then life happens…our intentions are good…but we never put a plan into place. I’d like to help you do that, along with offering a few other helpful tips.
Processing KidMin 2014
- Take a deep breath and just rest. If you’re like me, you went full-steam ahead in Ohio. Take a day (or two) to unwind and rest your brain and your body if you can. A rested mind is a mind that can think and process more clearly.
- Ask God to help you discern what next steps you should take based on what you’ve seen and heard. What were the key points you jotted down? List a few practical next steps you’d like to implement within a practical time frame and pray about any people who could help you take those next steps. Post those next steps in a visible place – keep the vision ahead of you!
- Write up a summary of what you learned and present it to your team/volunteers/supervisor. Explain why the conference was beneficial, a few highlights of what you learned and your next steps.
- Keep in touch with those you connected with at the conference. Do this regularly by phone, email and/or social media. Don’t lose those connections – we need each other!
- Finally, register for KidMin 2015! It will be held in Chicago – one of my favorite cities! Find details here.
Keep the conversation going! Tell me about your conference highlights and your next steps in the comment section below!