I LOVE Group’s KidMin Conference! I have had the privilege of attending in 2011 and 2013 and Lord-willing, I hope to attend this fall.
I love it for so many reasons, but here are just a few:
- I feel at home here. There’s something about being surrounded by fellow kidmin’ers! While the conference is attended by thousands, the atmosphere feels small and welcoming. I felt this way both years that I attended but especially in 2011 when I attended alone for the first time.
- There is a wide variety of workshop options. When I attend a conference, I tend to concentrate on areas that I need growth or training in as well as one or two ‘random’ ones just for fun. Workshop options are so varied that you won’t have any difficulty finding ones that suit you.
- Recordings of workshops are made available during and after the conference. Because there are so many great options to choose from, you will likely have a hard time narrowing down your options. I love that the workshops are recorded, so if I can’t make it to one, I can swing by the table and purchase reasonably priced CDs of other sessions. Not only can I use them for my leadership development but I can pass them along to others in my ministry. It’s a win-win!
- Keynote speakers and workshop leaders are very accessible. Don’t be surprised if you’re walking through the resource area or enjoying a meal in a restaurant when you spot a keynote speaker or workshop leader. I admit – I have been starstruck when a kidmin ‘celebrity’ is sitting at the table next to me – or gasp – when I enjoy a meal with them! They are so gracious and down-to-earth.
- Speaking of the resource area – you’ll stumble across some great finds! I love strolling through the resource area to check out new materials available to kidmin leaders. I also love the occasional freebies. 🙂 Items are often discounted for the conference AND you can have items shipped to your church or home.
- There is a balance of learning and downtime. This past year, I was able to enjoy meeting friends for meals or coffee in between the general sessions and workshops. Being able to connect with friends and other leaders is such a great way to refuel my spirit.
Do you love Group’s KidMin Conference as much as I do? Are you on the fence about whether this conference would be right for you? Visit their website to learn more and register today!
If you’re looking for intensive training around one topic before the conference begins, consider the Pre-Conference training option. It’s a full-day of training (9am-4pm) the day the conference begins. I did this last year and it was great!
My friends at Group are offering a chance for YOU to win one free Pre-Conference Training registration! Just send out a tweet using the hashtag #goingtokidmin14 telling Group what you are most looking forward to at #KidMin14. The deadline is June 15th! Happy Tweeting!