I made the preschool teachers in our kidmin very happy this past Sunday when I let them know that I had ordered a play item for each of their classrooms – parachutes! In fact, I ordered them because one of our volunteers asked me to a few weeks prior – and that was a very simple request to fulfill!
I gave my volunteers a few suggestions on how to use the parachutes and I thought I’d post them here as well:
- When you raise the parachute, call two names, have the children run under the parachute and exchange spots.
- Have the children repeat the Bible verse or main point while bouncing a soft ball on the parachute.
- Use the parachute as a tent to sit in while telling the Bible story.
- Speaking of the Bible story – have the children act out the ‘water’ in water-themed Bible stories.
- Call two names at a time and have them run under the parachute and change places.
For additional ideas, check out Tony Kummer’s post over at ministry-to-children.
How do you incorporate parachute play into your ministry?