Day 5 of our VBS (or Summer Bible Camp as it’s known in our church) was very bittersweet. I was sad to see the week end but so thankful for all that God did in the lives of adults and children alike. Here’s a recap:
- We provided coffee and bagels in the morning for all of our awesome volunteers. They were so appreciative of a the gesture on what turned out to be a very rainy day.
- Because of the rain, games were held inside for a second day in a row.
- Gifts to volunteers were distributed.
- Our Celebration Time (worship) was extended a bit to sing all of the songs learned during the week.
- Our Security Team was encouraged to be extra diligent as we didn’t want to let our guard down on the last day.
- Our partial clean-up plan was in place and volunteers ready to help with tear down after SBC ended.
I had a few God Sightings on Day 5:
- Lots of hugs and laughter as the children enjoyed their last day together at camp.
- Overflowing outreach project bins (items were brought in for a local one-day missions event as well as a local food pantry we support)
- Seeing the children worship God during our Celebration time. The energy was electric!
- Watching our children’s God Sightings walls be filled to capacity.
- Safety for all of our campers and volunteers.
- Parents and volunteers who shared stories of life-change as a result of the camp.
- Our church staff who worked so hard to help set up rooms, answer phone calls, help with copying, help with greeting the children, assistance with sound and lighting, etc. It really is an all-church production!
God used the gifts and talents of many to bring glory to Himself this week. I am so thankful to have worked with fabulous people to make this week unforgettable. Who knew that learning about Paul’s journey to share the truth of God’s love could be so much FUN?!
Verse for the day:
“Just as I have loved you, you should love one another.”
Here are a few pictures from Day 5: