Day 4 of our VBS (or Summer Bible Camp as it’s known in our church) was awesome! Here’s a recap:
- I made sure to eat protein again for breakfast. My choice: PB & J sandwich (again).
- Today was the day the Gospel message would be presented. I began praying for hearts to be softened and receptive to the Word has it was presented.
- I finalized my notes for Sunday’s Celebration Service (I found this very challenging).
- We wanted to lift the spirits of our volunteers so we decided to provide coffee and bagels in the morning for Day 5.
- We also started to map out our partial clean-up plan for the end of Day 5.
One of the things that I love about our curriculum is setting aside time for God Sightings – ways that we see God at work. I had a few God Sightings on Day 4:
- Hearing that 3 children accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Hearing that volunteers are being impacted by what they’ve heard at camp.
- Seeing the children bring in items for our outreach project.
- Seeing the children worship God during our Celebration time.
- Watching our children’s God Sightings walls expand and getting to read many of them.
- Safety for all of our campers and volunteers.
- A plan “B” for outdoor games, which had to be moved indoors because of the rain.
I found myself getting (surprisingly) emotional at the thought of camp ending. I have heard stories of how children and families have been impacted and it makes me sad that camp is ending. But it’s also exciting to help these precious children continue to grow in their faith.
God is so good! We almost made it to the finish line. Looking forward to Day 5!
Verse for the day:
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”
Here are a few pictures from Day 4: