Day 3 of our VBS (or Summer Bible Camp as it’s known in our church) was awesome! Here’s a recap:
- I made sure to eat protein again for breakfast. My choice: PB & J sandwich.
- I had the opportunity to greet volunteers and families as they entered the main entrance.
- I saw members of our Registration Team putting together our volunteer gifts – it’s very cute – I’ll share the pic tomorrow.
- The day also included meeting to finalize the proof for the Paul-themed children’s bulletin for Sunday’s Celebration Service. It looks great!
- The list of items to execute differently next year is growing – I’ll share some of those thoughts in another post.
I wanted to be very intentional about today was encouraging my leaders to be the biggest cheerleaders for the volunteers they’re leading. Weariness has a way of settling in after the initial adrenaline rush, so I wanted my team to be aware of that.
One of the things that I love about our curriculum is setting aside time for God Sightings – ways that we see God at work. I had a few God Sightings on Day 3:
- Seeing the children bring in items for our outreach project.
- Seeing the children worship God during our Celebration time.
- Watching our children’s God Sightings walls expand and getting to read many of them. It’s the simple things through the eyes of a child that remind me of what’s important.
- Having one of our volunteers tell me that my smile energizes the building and sets the tone for the day – WOW!
- A gracious volunteer who picked up dog poo on the way to the outdoor games area – I love her for doing that!
- Safety for all of our campers and volunteers.
- Cooperative weather – there were some pretty gray clouds outside but it didn’t rain during camp.
God is so good! Looking forward to Day 4!
Verse for the day:
“The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”
Here are a few pictures from Day 3: