You can read about Day 1 of our VBS here.
Day 2 of our VBS (or Summer Bible Camp as it’s known in our church) was very busy but still very enjoyable. Here’s a recap:
- I made sure to eat protein for breakfast. My choice: Chobani Greek yogurt (the breakfast of champions!)
- Because of the first day registration and directing people where to go, we did not have prayer as a team. I made sure to include prayer today.
- I made a list of items to execute differently next year – I’ll share some of those thoughts in another post.
The day also included meeting with our Worship Arts team to discuss our family-friendly Celebration Service this Sunday morning and time for one of my summer interns and I to create a Paul-themed children’s bulletin for the service.
One of the things that I love about our curriculum is setting aside time for God Sightings – ways that we see God at work. I had a few God Sightings on Day 2:
- Volunteers who showed up early, prepared & energetic.
- Seeing the children worship God during our Celebration time.
- Volunteers who lovingly cared for a child who experienced an anxiety attack.
- Smiling children who ran into the building, ready for Day 2.
- Safety for all of our campers and volunteers.
All in all, it was a great day. Looking forward to Day 3!
Verse for the day:
“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”
1 Peter 5:7